FROM SASSY SUPERHERO TO SULTRY EGYPTIAN VAMPIRE QUEEN

Renowned for being a crazy live cabaret club show with singing, dancing, burlesque, magic, juggling, and aerial performances, I was a Performing Character Waitress at Dracula’s Comedy Cabaret Restaurant for about three years.

1 Jun 2017

Performing
Bindi-Balazs

Life as a Performing Character Waitress at Dracula’s Comedy Cabaret Restaurant

I loved bringing characters to life. There’s a part of me in every persona I portray. I felt so alive stepping into character and performing for people. It’s an amazing experience being able to make people laugh, make them cry and sometimes both at the same time; seeing the looks on their faces as they connect with the story and immerse themselves in my performance, hanging on my every word.

I took up drama school as a teenager and while other kids were out playing netball, footy or soccer I was busy learning lines, building props and selling tickets to shows. Performing soon became my passion and I completed a three year Advanced Diploma of Performing Arts at TAFE in Hervey Bay.

I had so much fun at Dracula’s and made so many great friends. I had a few different characters and each night I’d play either a sassy superhero called Elektra, a rogue Army Officer with attitude or a sultry Egyptian Vampire Queen.

It was amazing. I could be crass to customers and get away with it. There’d be very few other jobs anywhere in the world like it I’d imagine.

But after three years it was time for a change. Hospitality is a lifestyle. You have to be prepared to not only work while everyone else is having fun, but it’s your job to make sure they’re having the fun. But it’s like anything in life, you adapt and move on.

I completed a Diploma of Event Management and have now started writing the next chapter of my life as an Event Manager .

Tafe tales

"YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN NEW TRICKS"

"DOING SCHOOL DIFFERENTLY"

"THE THEATRE OF COSTUME DESIGN"

"FROM SASSY SUPERHERO TO SULTRY EGYPTIAN VAMPIRE"

"BUILDING MY OWN BUSINESS"

"WHY I BECAME A FITNESS MODEL"

"CRAFTING A CAREER IN COSTUME DESIGN"

"SAVING MY FIRST LIFE"

"THE FINISH LINE"

"KARATE: A SPIRITUALITY I LIVE MY LIFE BY"

"I WANT TO BE THE NEXT WIGGLE"

"BEING A MUM IS EVERYTHING TO ME"

"I’M OLD BUT I’M NOT OBSOLETE"

"THE BEST NIGHT EVER"

"TATTOO: MY LIFE STORY IS ON ME"

"MUSIC IS MY ADDICTION"

"MY TWIN DIED, WHILE I SURVIVED"

"RETURNING TO WORK AFTER HAVING KIDS"

© TAFE Queensland East Coast 2017.
RTO 0418 | CRICOS 02004B.